The state constitution is the law of the land for New Hampshire, and everyone in the state, particularly the Legislature, the governor and justices of our state judicial system, must obey this law to the letter.
Article 2 of the State Constitution clearly says, “All men have certain natural, essential and inherent rights – among which are, the enjoying and defending life and liberty; acquiring, possessing and protecting property; and, in a word, of seeking and obtaining happiness.” It goes on to say, “Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by this state on account of race, creed, sex or national origin.”
Clearly, no law passed or considered by the legislature or signed by the governor should ever give one group of people certain rights or privileges that another group does not have. As such, I will work to repeal all “hate crimes” legislation as an arbitrary and subjective violation of citizens’ natural rights. I will also work hard to ensure that no group of people receives any other unfair or unnatural rights or privileges under the law that another group does not have. In addition, I will work tirelessly to ensure that law or regulation does not infringe the rights of moral people to speak and act freely according to their conscience.
In all, I will fight against all laws that any reasonable person would deem unconstitutional and support laws that are constitutional. In detail, here’s what I’d like to do:
- I will fight or repeal laws that restrict the individual freedom of expression or thought, or require people to express ideas or thoughts against their will.
- I will fight or repeal any laws that force violations of conscience on religious or political organizations and support laws that protect these organizations’ right to restrict membership and pass rules as they see fit.
- I will support, in general, the non-aggression principle that all current law that criminalizes victimless actions must be repealed.
- I will support efforts to impeach state judges who “legislate from the bench” or otherwise abuse their authority.
- I will support immediate withdrawal of New Hampshire from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, which is based in faulty science. I would further ensure that any environmental regulations should be based on real science, and not weak theories or political conjecture.
- I will support laws to prohibit unconstitutional federal laws from being enforced within the sovereign State of New Hampshire per Article 7 of the state constitution, such as the state law recently passed to prohibit a national ID card.
- I will support laws to open ALL state and local government proceedings to the public, including the private meetings of ALL public officials and hired agents held in public buildings, per Article 8 of the state constitution.
- I will support laws that increase the ability of private property owners to do as they see fit on their own land, so long as their actions do not cause significant material harm to their neighbors. As such, laws that require payment or punishment as compensation for real property damage should be strengthened.
- I will support laws that strongly restrict searches and seizures by state and federal officials in this state per Article 19 of the state constitution, and immediately allow all citizens to record without notice, using audio and video equipment, any interaction with a state or federal official to ensure the law is followed during such encounters.
- I will support laws that restrict the government from forcing people to choose between exercising one of their constitutional rights and another, such as the current law that allows communities to send assessors into private homes without probable cause or a warrant and denies due process to homeowners who refuse.
- I will vote to repeal any unfunded mandates of the state on local communities, per Article 28 of the state constitution.
- I will work to reform the state pension system per Article 36 so that after all the current promises to state workers are met, state pensions will at least be granted only with “great caution” and “never for more than one year at a time.” It may be worthy to consider repeal of this article to prohibit future state pensions after all current obligations are met.
- I will work to clarify and strengthen sex offender laws so minors engaging in “consensual” sexual activity are not punished by law nor labeled sex offenders, but real and abusive sexual offenses are punished harshly. Specifically, I would eliminate the sex offender registry, which is unconstitutional, and require the most serious punishment available for sex offenses against young children and life in prison without parole for all other provable cases of sex offense against adults.
- I will constantly adhere to the principles of justice, moderation, temperance, industry, frugality and all the social virtues that are indispensably necessary to preserve the blessings of liberty and good government as I pursue my candidacy for the state representative position and as I serve in that position once elected, per Article 38 of the state constitution.
If you’d like more information about Andrew J. Manuse’s candidacy for State House, Rockingham 5, or about a particular issue, please call Andrew at 603-703-8857, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.andrewmanuse.com. Please contact me only if you want information about my campaign; do not contact me with sales or marketing pitches.